BrendanClay

New mix from us! Live at The Flinders!

BrendanClay

Here is a fresh new mix from us—and one that definitely gives us the warm and fuzzies!

So, our '

' brand as a whole, the music we push—and, indeed, Andrew and I as individual DJs—is often centred around music on the lower, slower, deeper, warm-up tip. That is a label we've always worn with pride.

Well, in this instance, our good friend, Flynn—of 'Move 4 Mood' fame—was kind enough to book us for a "peak time" set at The Flinders, and, with that, an opportunity to exercise our tougher, uptempo selections; as such, we did just that!

We were fortunate to enjoy a heaving, packed dance floor from start to finish, and we delivered a strong selection of suitable cuts—all while staying fairly true to our Attic sound. The crowd response was phenomenal and we had a wonderful time making it all happen—hence the "warm and fuzzies" mentioned above! 

Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!

x

https://soundcloud.com/themshift/brendan-clay-andrew-fazzolari-live-at-the-flinders-2nd-june-2018

: Tracklisting:
01 : Coeo - 'Back In The Days' (Original Mix) [Toy Tonics]
02 : Ari Bald - 'Moonshiner' (Original Mix) [Better Listen Records]
03 : Johannes Albert - 'Beach Reach' (Original Mix) [Fine]
04 : Duccio LP - 'I Can Stay Without You' (Original Mix) [Blaq Numbers]
05 : Slamb - 'Getting Back (To Myself)' (Original Mix) [Infinite Pleasure]
06 : Joe Corti - 'Mr. Kuti' (Original Mix) [Better Listen Records]
07 : Iban Montoro & Jazzman Wax - 'Leave Me Alone' (Original Mix) [Robsoul Recordings]
08 : Adryiano - 'Nite Talk' (Original Mix) [Shall Not Fade]
09 : Bobby Analog - 'Dr. In The House' (Original Mix) [Body Fusion]
10 : Tell - 'Y'all Feel That Honey' (Paradise Mix) [Quartet Series]
11 : Black Loops - 'Higher' (Original Mix) [Neovinyl Recordings]
12 : Folamour - 'La Pierre Et Le Sabre' (Original Mix) [Tronic Session Records]
13 : The Timewriter - 'Pasodoble' (Kruse & Nuernberg Remix) [Streetlight]
14 : Bas Roos - 'Searchin'' (Original Mix) [Exploited]
15 : Sidney Charles - 'Jack On The Rocks' (Sante's 90s House Jam Remix) [Off Recordings]
16 : Souldynamic - 'Equatoriale' (Original Mix) [Tribe Records]
17 : Adryiano - 'Me And You And Her' (Original Mix) [Heist Recordings]
18 : Soul Reductions - 'Got 2 Be Loved' (Original Mix) [Take Away]
19 : Pierre Moritz - 'Eunuque Millionnaire' (Original Mix) [Shall Not Fade]
20 : Slamb - 'I Want Your' (Original Mix) [Blaq Numbers]
21 : Unknown - 'Track 3' [House Of Disco]
22 : Loose Change - 'Straight From The Heart' (Joey Negro Straight To The Groove Mix) [Z Records]
23 : Detroit Swindle - 'Just Not Norma' (Original Mix) [Heist Recordings]
24 : Knuckle G. - 'You Got Me' (Original Mix) [De La Groove]
25 : Folamour - 'Hearts Melting Into An Ocean' (Original Mix) [Kyoku Records]
26 : Speed Boat - 'Speed Tool 001' (Original Mix) [Nail Shop]
27 : Li'll Bo Tweak - 'Musics Hypnotising' (GhettoStep Mix) [Loungin' Recordings]
28 : Vaggio - 'Don't You Want Some More' (Original Mix) [Ovum Recordings]
29 : Midland - 'Double Feature' (Original Mix) [ReGraded]
30 : Brame & Hamo - 'Roy Keane' (Original Mix) [Brame & Hamo]

• Like 1

fifi

Very nice mix!

• Like 1

BrendanClay

Thanks so much, Fifi! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Become part of our clubbing family. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Add Your Event for FREE
Invite A Friend

• Similar Content

• AdamMadd
      By AdamMadd
      Continuing our artist of the week series, we would like to introduce you to Frisson Records' artist Lifestream

Artist Name: Lifestream 
      Label: Nil

Tell us about yourself
      Solar-powered house enthusiast passionate about bringing underground and emotive sounds to scene. 

What genre/styles do you play?
      House/Tech House/Techno 

Your specific genre of music?
      Tech House 

Where are you from?
      Toowoomba 

Where are you now?
      Brisbane 

What got you into the scene/dj’ing/producing?
      I really fell in love with the house/deep house sound when I first started hearing it out in clubs around 2012 and just began clubbing regularly since that time. I remember purchasing a dj controller online and playing around with it in my bedroom several years ago now. Ever sicne that time my interest in DJing began. I eventually downloaded Ableton and did a little bit of producing at home but nothing too serious. Things really began to take form when I entered the YOURSHOT international DJ competition in 2017 and placed as runner up on my stage. Shortly after the competition I had my first club set at one of the biggest clubs in Brisbane “The Met” and supported Bag Raiders amongst other international artists. 

Who has influenced you musically? 
      After attending the infamous nightclub Revolver in Melbourne it really influenced and changed the direction of my sound. I have had a massive influence from many Melbourne DJ’s including Brian Fantana, Boogs, Spacey Space and Jordan Brando to name a few. 

What are you currently working on?
      Was very happy to put out my debut single “I Gotta Know” last month which had a fantastic response. I am currently working on several projects which will be seeing the light of day very soon. 

What can we expect in the future from Lifestream?
      Strive to provide listeners with the best experience possible by creating memorable sets, tunes and moments. 

Who have you enjoyed working with/hated the most?
      I have had the pleasure with working with the guys at Frisson Records/Eden. They put on absolutely fantastic events and I have been able to play at their last 2 label parties in Brisbane which have both blown away my expectations. 

What’s your day job?
      I work on the clinical team at headspace (National Youth Mental Health Foundation), primarily doing assessments, screening and case management. I’m also doing some Postgraduate studies which keeps me busy. 

What do you listen to in your downtime? 
      I listen to such a variety of music in my spare time; a lot of metal, house, triple J amongst others. 

What do you think of the Brisbane scene?
      I think the Brisbane House and Techno music scene has gone from strength to strength over the past 2 years. Venues like Capulet and events like Syndrome, Eden, Dragonfruit have all blown up in popularity over the past several months which has really shown the appetite for more underground house and techno sounds in the Brisbane music scene and how popular it is becoming. Very excited for the future of the Brisbane house and techno music scene. 

To book Lifestream contact him via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lifestreammusicofficial/ 

• BrendanClay
      By BrendanClay
      Well, here is a new mix from me: something compiled, executed and delivered, just because...

Since we kicked off our  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  project last year; the vast majority of my DJ'ing has been centred around a housier, disco-centric sound—for which Attic is known—for both, our own events and other ad hoc DJ bookings in around town.

Of course, we love our Attic sound, however; during this last little while—somewhat regrettably—I've not had much of an opportunity to sit back and relish in some other musical guilty pleasures. This particular line-up of deeper, melodic selections has allowed me to do just that. This is a very much an indulgent mix—let's make no mistake about that.

Within, you'll hear some newer pieces; you'll hear some that I had stashed away for such an opportunity. Each track has moved me or has made me feel something.

It's melodic, it's moody and if I've done my job correctly; you'll be taken on a journey for next 80 minutes or so.

I really hope you dig this one.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.

: Tracklisting:
      01 : Intro
      02 : Bochum Welt - 'Azure' (Original Mix) [K7 Records]
      03 : Flabaire - 'Sweet Spot' (Original Mix) [D.KO Records]
      04 : Seb Wildblood - 'Nothing' (Original Mix) [Church]
      05 : Nicholas & Nikki-O - 'Ancient Future' (Original Mix) [Shall Not Fade]
      06 : Classixx - 'A Fax From The Beach' (Original Mix) [Innovative Leisure Records]
      07 : P.C. - 'Spirit Feel' (Original Mix) [Church]
      08 : Leon Revol - 'Far With A Van' (Original Mix) [Secret Reels]
      09 : L.K. - 'Light Drama' (Original Mix) [Shall Not Fade]
      10 : Genius Of Time - 'Kepler 186F' (Original Mix) [Aniara Recordings]
      11 : David & Hjalti - 'Moods' (Original Mix) [Lagaffe Tales]
      12 : Owain K. - 'New Horizon' (Original Mix) [Arthouse]
      13 : Shur-I-Kan - 'Kermit's Lodge' (Original Mix) [Lazy Days Music]
      14 : Terry Lee Brown Junior ft. Ira Ange - 'Innocent' (Forteba Remix) [Plastic City]
      15 : Atjazz - 'Track 1' (Mix 1) [Atjazz Record Company]
      16 : Mandar - 'String Theory' (Original Mix) [Oscillat Music]
      17 : Jesse Futerman - 'Blinding Lights' (Original Mix) [Omena]
    • AdamMadd
      By AdamMadd
      With the success of his new sound in his Get It Started EP Alex Preston continues to take us on a glorious journey of infectious grooves and driving beats in his new Friday Night EP, out now on Basement Sound.

Alex kicks off the EP with title track Friday Night, a bass stomping gem that features Alex Preston’s organic guitar riffs and vocal chops that make for the ideal disco-tinged jam. Next up is Hip Shakin’ Mumma, (that will find you shaking your hips for sure) with its playful key stabs, soaring strings and guitar solos that are accompanied by a toe-tapping vocal. Drawing the sun-soaked EP to a close is Don’t You Mind featuring a jacking guitar lead and shuffling beats making the Friday Night EP the perfect soundtrack to your funk-filled night out.

Speaking on the release Alex tells us: “I’m really stoked with how my “Friday Night” EP turned out. When I was putting the EP together, I wanted to have 3 club tracks that embodied what I love about house music. I wanted each track to have a different feel but I also wanted to be able to play them in my live show and have them work together.”

Shut away in the studio for months, Alex Preston created his own style of disco infused underground house featuring his live guitar and percussion. Along with the sound re-invention, this year sees Alex Preston announce his new live show where elements used in his productions will make a live appearance to support his new style and releases. Expect live guitar licks, cosmic basslines and warm pulsating house beats as the multi-talented artist brings his productions to life. To celebrate the Friday Night EP release, Basement Sound will be hosting Alex's Friday EP Launch at their first “Basement Beach” party at Sydney’s iconic Manly Beach on the 27th July - Basement Beach 001 feat. Alex Preston (Live) at BRKLYN (Sugar Lounge Basement)!

Continuing to push his eclectic new style and sound, check out Alex Preston’s new EP Friday Night OUT NOW on Basement Sound!

BUY/STREAM:
      https://www.beatport.com/release/friday-night/2334032

SPOTIFY:

SOUNDCLOUD:

SOCIAL MEDIA:
      https://www.facebook.com/DJAlexPreston 
      https://twitter.com/djalexpreston 
    • Nordic-By-Nature
      By Nordic-By-Nature
      Frisson Records - Artist of the Week

To kick off our artist of the week feature we’ll be featuring an up and coming interstate DJ from Sydney who recently rocked our world at the Frission Records label party.

Artist Name: King Friendly
      Label: Independent

Tell us about yourself

I’m on the dance floor as often as I am producing music and DJing, I love everything about electronic music and really want to spread the positivity and inclusiveness that comes with it!

What genre/styles do you play?

Progressive House predominantly but also play a lot of Tech House and House. Anything with a good groove usually gets played in my sets.

What got you into the scene/dj’ing/producing?

Attending Tomorrowland Belgium in 2012. It showed me the power of electronic music and how it can bring people from all over the world closer together. I was already interested in electronic music but this experience made me really want to pursue it.

Check out Tom's U-Tube channel  Here
        Who has influenced you musically?  
      I really started getting into electronic music through Avicii and Skrillex. Since then a whole bunch of artists like; Axwell, Eric Prydz, Deadmau5, Steve Angello, Camelphat, Kryder and many others have influenced my musical tastes.

What are you currently working on? 

I’m working on incorporating more live elements to my productions, finishing up my Audio Engineering Degree as well as continuing to make videos to my youtube channel! I have some projects that are nearing completion and they will be up on youtube in the coming months as I get a bit better at video editing haha.

Tell us about your most recent gigs?

The Frisson Records Label Party in Brisbane was fantastic recently! Was great to in Brisbane and my next gig will be at the Beehive event in Sydney!

What can we expect from the future for King Friendly?

I want to continue to develop my production skills and continue to DJ to anyone and everyone! I would love to help show the generosity of the dance music community throughout my career and use it to create a fairer world for all.

What do people say about you?

I really pride myself in getting positive feedback from my DJ sets and try and go the extra step to research any event I play to ensure I have music that suits the venue as well as my set time. Whether it’s a smooth warm up set or high-energy headlining set I always try and play the best set to fit the vibe of the night.

Who have you enjoyed working with/hated the most?

I have been producing recently with OSKA from Sydney and it has been great to work on tracks with someone in the same location as me! As far as hating working with anyone, I haven’t, differences can makes life pretty interesting and if it’s not working out I just get through the project best I can and move on.

What’s your day job?

Corporate Audio Visual Technician but occasionally Barista and Bartend as well.

What do you listen to in your downtime?  

Anything, I love it all. From Classical to hardstyle I often end up in some interesting youtube rabbit holes of music.

What do you think about the Brisbane scene?

I was up for the weekend recently and had an absolute ball! There are still lots of great nights out in Sydney where I’m from but it definitely has a more relaxed feel in other cities. I
      think that is really important for a decent clubbing culture to develop and be sustained.

To book King Friendly contact him via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kingfriendlymusic/
  • Our picks

• At first glance, Brisbane DJ DefWill appears to be going from strength to strength, balancing university studies, events management roles for festivals like Splendour in the Grass, Rabbits Eat Lettuce and Live Large, DJing some of the deepest techno rhythms at some of the primest techno parties on the east coast of Oz and also that he has never let the fact that he is deaf hold him back. Though if one takes the time to look (and talk) a little deeper it becomes clear that he, like many of us, carries burdens that are well beyond his control and the weight of which has been known to bring even the strongest of us down.

New OzClubbers writer Dastardly Kuts gets deep with DefWill.

• From the DJ’s perspective; since Larry Levan’s early days at the Paradise Garage, the remix – or playing different versions of songs – was one of the first notable aspects of what we now know as DJ Culture. His ethic of refreshing successful dancefloor movers in the late seventies passed down generations of DJ has been long-established as almost a perfunctory task, almost a must-do to be undertaken by the disk jockey.
    • WIN A VIP DOUBLE PASS TO SCOOTER AUS TOUR!
    • Here is a fresh new mix from us—and one that definitely gives us the warm and fuzzies!

So, our 'Attic' brand as a whole, the music we push—and, indeed, Andrew and I as individual DJs—is often centred around music on the lower, slower, deeper, warm-up tip. That is a label we've always worn with pride.
      • 2 replies
    • Recently I got to go check out the official Outlook Festival Queensland launch party in Brisbane. Presented by Quality Street Byron Bay, the event concept paid tribute to one of Europe’s most exciting Drum and Bass festivals and is a celebration of sound system culture.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      fifi
      fifi
    2. 2
      AdamMadd
      AdamMadd
    3. 3
      Ozclubbers.com.au
      Ozclubbers.com.au
    4. 4
      Dastardlyd
      Dastardlyd

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Privacy Policy, and Guidelines