Jackbhoy

Clubbing alone, anyone done it?

Jackbhoy

Thanks for having me on the forum.

I may have to go along to the Lobster Theremin night on the 23rd September(Nthng, Asquith, and Dj Huere) solo due to various friends not being able to make it.

Does anyone think this will look weird or should i just go and dance the night away to some quality tunes and meet some random people?

AdamMadd

I think you can do it alone if you want.  I know a few people who go it alone and just chat to random people and enjoy the quality tunes there.  Good music will bring good people who are friendly and happy to meet other randoms..

@Kawalski did it when he first started going clubbing years ago, and now he knows so many people that its pretty much guaranteed that he will meet someone he knows when he goes out.  And even then, he still chats to randoms and meets new people every time :)  

Jackbhoy
1 minute ago, AdamMadd said:

I think you can do it alone if you want.  I know a few people who go it alone and just chat to random people and enjoy the quality tunes there.  Good music will bring good people who are friendly and happy to meet other randoms..

@Kawalski did it when he first started going clubbing years ago, and now he knows so many people that its pretty much guaranteed that he will meet someone he knows when he goes out.  And even then, he still chats to randoms and meets new people every time :)  

:twothumbs:     Thats what i was thinking.  

I've stayed by myself in clubs by myself before but only after going out with friends and then they pike out early and go home.   I always end up chatting to someone when out.

I reckon the hardest part will be the start of the night when I arrive and nobody is really up and dancing around yet.  

• Cool 1

AdamMadd
9 minutes ago, Jackbhoy said:

:twothumbs:     Thats what i was thinking.  

I've stayed by myself in clubs by myself before but only after going out with friends and then they pike out early and go home.   I always end up chatting to someone when out.

I reckon the hardest part will be the start of the night when I arrive and nobody is really up and dancing around yet.  

Yeah, you're dead right.   And events like the Lobster Theremin showcase, because its a warehouse-style gig, most people are really friendly..  Also look around for @Jamie Grenenger, he's a really nice guy who is always up for a good chat and to meet new people who are keen to be there for the music :)  

Of course, the smoking area is a great place to meet randoms at events like these, even if you don't smoke.  haha..

Last event i went to there, the IWTFA gig, people were dancing from the start, so you won't have to be worried about being the first. :)  What i love about our scene is everyone is so welcoming!

@liberabit , you've gone to a few gigs solo yourself over the years too i believe?

Jackbhoy
16 minutes ago, AdamMadd said:

Yeah, you're dead right.   And events like the Lobster Theremin showcase, because its a warehouse-style gig, most people are really friendly..  Also look around for @Jamie Grenenger, he's a really nice guy who is always up for a good chat and to meet new people who are keen to be there for the music :)  

Of course, the smoking area is a great place to meet randoms at events like these, even if you don't smoke.  haha..

Last event i went to there, the IWTFA gig, people were dancing from the start, so you won't have to be worried about being the first. :)  What i love about our scene is everyone is so welcoming!

@liberabit , you've gone to a few gigs solo yourself over the years too i believe?

Yeah i'll hang around the smoking area for a bit and have a few drinks and smoke. You're right that you always end up chatting to people there.

I'm glad the Brisbane scene is really taking off now and is very friendly, when i first arrived in Oz 12 years ago there was nothing around like there is now or maybe its just now that social media is big that events are easier to find.

AdamMadd

Social media has really opened up the opportunity to find new gigs, but at the same time unless you know someone who knows about these gigs, sometimes the likes of facebook can make it difficult to find them.  But its definitely easier to find these gigs these days :)  

• Like 1

AnnaBodanna

Welcome to the forums @Jackbhoy

I sometimes go out alone, depending on where i'm going and whats on.  Often i'll end up chatting to someone randomly at the event.  I prefer to go out with friends, but not always can my friends make it, and if there's someone playing i'd like to see, i'll still go it alone.

I won't be at the Lobster Theremin event but i know a few who are going so you'll be in friendly company if you do go :) 

liberabit
(edited)
21 hours ago, AdamMadd said:

yeah, cause my friends don't share an interest in some of the awesome music I like I'm occassionally in the situation of having to fly solo. 

who cares if you're there by yourself?  you're there for your reasons and if some idiot wants to judge you for it that's their problem.  but as has been said, you'll often just end up making some new friends anyway.

Edited by liberabit
  • Like 1

Jackbhoy
3 hours ago, AnnaBodanna said:

Welcome to the forums @Jackbhoy

I sometimes go out alone, depending on where i'm going and whats on.  Often i'll end up chatting to someone randomly at the event.  I prefer to go out with friends, but not always can my friends make it, and if there's someone playing i'd like to see, i'll still go it alone.

I won't be at the Lobster Theremin event but i know a few who are going so you'll be in friendly company if you do go :) 

Thanks.  I'm going and will have a great time.   Im sure i'll bump into some nice people. 

1 hour ago, liberabit said:

yeah, cause my friends don't share an interest in some of the awesome music I like I'm occassionally in the situation of having to fly solo. 

who cares if you're there by yourself?  you're there for your reasons and if some idiot wants to judge you for it that's their problem.  but as has been said, you'll often just end up making some new friends anyway.

Same here.  My friends aren't very big techno/house fans so i don't get to these events as much as i should.   I'm just going to go alone from now on and meet some new friends who enjoy these events.

• Like 1

AnnaBodanna

So how was it?

Jackbhoy
20 hours ago, AnnaBodanna said:

So how was it?

It hasn't happened yet.  Not until the 23rd.

Thanks for asking though. :)

AnnaBodanna
2 hours ago, Jackbhoy said:

It hasn't happened yet.  Not until the 23rd.

Thanks for asking though. :)

For some reason i thought it was the weekend that just passed.  :) 

• Like 1

Littleloz

I do it all the time, but Newcastle is a small community, so i always end up running in to someone that i know.  :) 

• Like 1

T-Bone

Yeh man do it!  Best way to meet new people!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Add Your Event for FREE

• Similar Content

• YourEDM
      By YourEDM
      It’s no secret Idris Elba is a phenomenal actor, but not many people know that he is a great producer. He has released singles and collaborated with the likes of Fatboy Slim and others, and now he returns to his house roots with two new remixes. The remixes are for Shy FX‘s new single “Chocolate,” and both show two interesting sides of Elba’s music.
      Produced under Elba’s Driis alias, the “Chocolate” remixes are great house tracks. The 7 Wallace mix goes for the dancefloor, including heavy kicks and catchy bass. Elba cuts Roses Gabor‘s vocals into quick splices, which creates a nice melody. Meanwhile, the Sugar Zaddy mix brings rapper Ghetts‘ vocals into the mix. Also, Roses Gabor’s vocals play a bigger part in the Sugar Zaddy mix. Ultimately, the contrast in both mixes reinforces Elba’s penchant for producing house. While both mixes reconfigure the original drum and bass track, the differences between the two manage to stand out. We know Elba keeps busy starring in huge movies, but we hope to hear more tracks from him soon.
      Listen to Elba’s two remixes for “Chocolate” below:

This article was first published on Your EDM.
      Source: Actor Idris Elba Goes House for Two New Remixes
      Source: Your EDM
    • OzClubbers
      By OzClubbers

Cassy and Demuir hook up on KWR001
      Continue reading...
      http://mixmag.net
    • BrendanClay
      By BrendanClay
      Here is a brand new mix from us: the recording from our recent 'Attic Showcase' set, recorded live at Big Fun at The Lord Gladstone in Chippendale, a couple of Sundays ago.
      A huge thanks to a Big Fun crew and the mighty Sunday evening crowd—some of whom can be heard throughout the mix, if you listen closely! 
      We were thrilled to be asked to play this one, and having the opportunity to showcase the sound we've been really digging of late—straight-up swinging, funky, disco-driven house music!—which is really well represented in this offering!
      We hope you enjoy this one!
      P.S. Plenty coming up on the Attic-front for us really soon, too: an upstairs takeover at Goodbar with the Kyoku Records boys, a trip across to Manly for Original Vibe and, of course, a big announcement for our next event!  Stay tuned... tell your friends! 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. : Tracklisting:
      01 : Bas Roos - 'One Way' (Original Mix) [Exploited]
      02 : Jeremy Juno - 'Stepped Into My Life' (Original Mix) [Nervous Records]
      03 : Junktion - 'I'm Wishin' (Original Mix) [Razor-N-Tape Records]
      04 : Cody Currie - 'Movin' Smoke' (Original Mix) [Razor-N-Tape Records]
      05 : Voodoo Whiskey - 'Get Next To You' (Original Mix) [Masterworks Music]
      06 : Coeo - 'Flesh World' (Original Mix) [Toy Tonics]
      07 : Dan Kye - 'Like You Wanna' (Original Mix) [Rhythm Section International]
      08 : Black Loops ft. Felipe Gordon - 'Mia Negrita' (Original Mix) [Toy Tonics]
      09 : Cody Currie - 'Hearty & Healthy' (Original Mix) [Better Listen Records]
      10 : Folamour - 'You Never Told Me I'll Miss You That Much' (Original Mix) [Delicieuse Records]
      11 : Detroit Swindle - 'Brotherman' (KRL Remix) [Freerange Records]
      12 : Cody Currie - 'Heineken 04' (Original Mix) [Better Listen Records]
      13 : David & Hjalti - 'Whatever You Want' (Original Mix) [Lagaffe Tales]
      14 : Voodoo Whiskey - 'Blueberry Muffins' (Original Mix) [Masterworks Music]
      15 : Sune - 'Pistachio Sour' (Daniel Leseman Remix) [Kyoku Records]
      16 : Aroop Roy - 'Talkin' Bout Life' (Original Mix) [House of Disco Records]
      17 : Dire Straits - 'Six Blade Knife' (Daniel Zuur Edit) [CDR]
      18 : DJ Nature - 'Loving U More' (Original Mix) [Futureboogie Recordings]
      19 : Folamour - 'Island Of Recent Father' (Original Mix) [Glitterbox Recordings]
      20 : Session Victim - 'Shadows' (Original Mix) [Delusions Of Grandeur]
      21 : Interstate - 'Vanice Beach' (Original Mix) [Waxtefacts]
      22 : Chez Damier ft. Leroy Burgess - 'Your Love' (Kai Alce Unreleased Mix Edit) [CDR]
      23 : Folamour - 'La Pierre Et Le Sabre' (Original Mix) [Tronic Session Records]
      24 : Fusion Groove Orchestra ft. Steve Lucas - 'If Only I Could' (Liem Remix) [Classic Music Company]
      25 : Soulphiction - 'Hustler's Ball' (Original Mix) [Philpot Records]
      26 : Jad & The - 'Strings That Never Win' (Original Mix) [Toy Tonics]
    • AdamMadd
      By AdamMadd
      Bass Swag Entertainment proudly presents:
      EXTINCT SESSIONS HOUSE & TECHNO : EXHIBIT 2

Bringing 5 hours of quality house & techno between 3 of Brisbanes best local Djs showcasing all sounds and styles that will have you dancing until the early hours of the morning

HEADLINE: 
      Matt Guy (Dragonfruit)

SUPPORTS:
      PePPe (DeadbeaT)(Dragonfruit)
      Dubz (Bass Swag)

When: Saturday, September 30 - from 10pm to 3am (FREE ENTRY)

Where: Mammoth Mane Stage (upstairs @ Woolly Mammoth), with a SPEED ENTRY directly from Coniston Lane (off McLachlan Street), and through the backgate!!!   Music Genre: House,Techno Purchase Tickets: Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/1871917613124506/
    • BrendanClay
      By BrendanClay
      Here is my recorded set from last Sunday evening, closing up S*A*S*H By Day: the daytime stanza of the amazingly strong and ever-consistent weekly event.
      I played right after the day's headliner, Scottish house guru, Jasper James. The crowd—as is always the case with S*A*S*H—were extremely welcoming and certainly up-for-it, and lapped up the unseasonal warmer Sydney vibes with an abundance of smiles!
      This set contains some driving, melodic disco house vibes, some deeper house selections—some of which I've not enjoyed for a little while—and concludes on a faster, more pumping tip; a staple for the weekly event, really.
      Many thanks and much love to the S*A*S*H crew for the booking, the hospitality, and the warm and fuzzies—particularly Cris, for his full encouragement and belief that, hey, I can play a closing set! Much love to the regular S*A*S*H party people, too, who somehow make this Sunday shindig one of the strongest, most consistent events our fair city has ever seen!
      I had a whole lot of fun delivering this one, and hope that is also translated via the stream/download.
      Enjoy!
      x

: Tracklisting:
      01 : Cody Currie - 'Down On Disco Street' (Original Mix) [Pusic Records]
      02 : Black Loops - 'Sex, Pt. 2' (Original Mix) [Toy Tonics]
      03 : Fusion Groove Orchestra ft. Steve Lucas - 'If Only I Could' (Liem Remix) [Classic Music Company]
      04 : Folamour - 'La Pierre Et Le Sabre' (Original Mix) [Tronic Session Records]
      05 : Soulphiction - 'Hustler's Ball' (Original Mix) [Philpot Records]
      06 : Coeo - 'Back In The Days' (Original Mix) [Toy Tonics]
      07 : DJ W!ld - 'Lucky' (Original Mix) [The W Label]
      08 : Jesse Rose ft. Avon Stringer - 'Pressure' (Original Mix) [Double-Up]
      09 : Marco Grandi - 'Bonita' (Evren Ulusoy & Sezer Uysal Remix) [Ready Mix Records]
      10 : Mad Rey - 'Quartier Sex' (Original Mix) [D.KO Records]
      11 : Sezer Uysal & Spennu - 'Je Te Veux' (Spieltape Remix) [Savoir Faire Musique]
      12 : Franck Roger & Mandel Turner - 'After All' (Burnski Remix) [Real Tone Records]
      13 : Soffy O. - 'Maybe A Dog' (Einmusik Remix) [Virgin]
      14 : Emanuel Satie - 'All Things Go' (Audiojack Remix) [Gruuv]
      15 : Efron & Piek - 'Ma Business' (Hector Couto Dub Mix) [Bonzai Progressive]
      16 : Electronic Youth - 'Reflex' (Original Mix) [New Violence Records]
      17 : James Silk - 'Intervention' (Original Mix) [Heyo]
      18 : Evren Ulusoy - 'Things To Say' (Original Mix) [I Records]
      19 : Nachtbraker - 'Really Ties The Room Together' (Original Mix) [Dirt Crew Recordings]
      20 : Chymera - 'Disc' (Original Mix) [Dirt Crew Recordings]
      21 : Urulu - 'Tochigi Descent' (Original Mix) [South Street]
      22 : Italobros - 'Overiu' (Hauswerks Remix) [Under No Illusion]
      23 : Robert Babicz - 'Percofonik' (Original Mix) [Bedrock Records]
      24 : Duff Disco – 'A Little More Love' (Original Mix) [Duff Disco]
      25 : Matt Lange - 'Archangel' (Matt Lange Secret Booty) [CDR]
  • Our picks

• EARTHCORE IN THE PARK 2017 - QLD
      2-3 DECEMBER - IVORY'S ROCK - QUEENSLAND

earthcore in the park is a one day and one night outdoor event featuring some of the best acts and a taste of the same world class production you expect from the mothership 5 day earthcore festival in Victoria. Perfect for those of you that want all the fun without the travel. However, if you want the full earthcore experience then we recommend you head to Victoria instead. Either way...Join us for the ultimate doof experience.

24 HOUR NON-STOP MUSIC
      3 EPIC STAGES
      MONSTER MARKET PRECINCT
      CAMPING GROUNDS
      ALL AGES 16 +
      LICENSED AREAS (BRING ID IF YOU WANT TO DRINK)
      SUN - FUN - YOUR MATES & YOU XXX

INTERNATIONAL GUESTS

Say hello to the earthcore in the park 2017 lineup feat international heavyweights in everything psychedelic trance, techno, bass, progressive, deep house and more...

Berg
      Bliss
      Coming Soon
      Coyu
      Dave Angel
      Dirty Audio
      John 00 Fleming
      Marc Romboy
      Morten Granau
      Nick Curly
      Plump DJs
      Prok & Fitch
      Sean Tyas
      The Freestylers
      Vini Vici

+ much more

Music Genre: Alternative,Bass,Breaks,Deep,Downtempo,Drum & Bass,Dub,Dubstep,EDM,Electro,Electronica,Glitch,Glitch Hop,Hard Trance,House,Minimal,Progressive,Psytrance,Tech,Techno,Trance,Trap

Purchase Tickets: https://www.outix.net/tickets/event/ec2017qld?_ga=2.32617726.1713633066.1508344933-1730506457.1498024926

Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/716929598481969/

• 0 replies
    • Listen to it here
      Continue reading...
      http://mixmag.net
      • 0 replies
    • Hope all is well in your paradise. The invitation for the infamous City-Bush-Doof, aka CBD, is officially official! As the name suggests, the CBD is a music-based event set to the backdrop of Brisbane’s suburban jungle. 

The City Bush Doof evolved as an idea that began as a lunch in the park and quickly turned into an all out party after receiving huge support on Facebook . Since it’s offical release on the 30th of September, first round tickets have already sold out! With over five thousand people interested in attending the event before the announcement of a lineup or venue, it’s no surprise that the City Bush Doof promises to be a defining event of 2017.  If you’re into dance music and good vibes, this is one Sunday sesh you won’t want to miss.

Although the initial plan was to occupy public land in St Lucia, our application with the council was rejected, so we have had to move to a new location and will post closer to the date.

The CBD was inspired with the aim of bringing just a small group of family and friends closer together but with so much interest and excitement, we opened the event to the public. Since, it's become a music-based event built on positivity, happiness and a mutual love of doof. So please please please take the opportunity to spend time with your bretheren and bask in the love. 

Originally, we planned to run the event on donations but in order to host the best event possible, we needed more funds - and have since released tickets (check the link above). This year's event is on a Sunday and we're hosting a range of local and national artists. 

Updates will be provided as we approach the event date.

We can't wait to see you there!

Music Genre: Deep,Minimal,Progressive,Tech,Techno,Trance

Purchase Tickets: https://citybushdoof.oztix.com.au/

Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/449437888746955

• 0 replies
    • It's been 10 years since Henry Saiz launched his amazing label. Now come celebrate with an afternoon of amazing music in the courtyard.

HENRY SAIZ - BALANCE presents Natura Sonoris Label
      Balance Music - www.balancemusic.com.au

Soundcloud preview link: https://soundcloud.com/balanceseries/balance-presents- natura-sonoris- mixed-by- henry-saiz-preview-edit

Spanish musical genius Henry Saiz provided one of Balance's most memorable efforts on the 19th volume, utilising vinyl, cassette, reel-to- reel tapes and over 100 field recordings to create an incredible patchwork of sounds that came together as a beautiful whole. Ever keen to provide something unique, he returns to the series for Balance presents Natura Sonoris: an expansive mix comprised completely of exclusives from his award-winning label.

Supported by-
      Rich Curtis Dj
      Jesse Kuch
      Marcus Doré

Read more at: http://www.moshtix.com.au/v2/event/henry-saiz-brisbane-show/96698#PG9g5dlpAXYLJ4e7.99I

Music Genre: Techno

Purchase Tickets: http://www.moshtix.com.au/v2/event/henry-saiz-brisbane-show/96698

Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/1673546276008027

• 0 replies
    • IWTFA is proud to present MACHINE from Melbourne.
      • 0 replies
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      Izzy_Indigo
      Izzy_Indigo
    2. 2
      AdamMadd
      AdamMadd
    3. 3
      liberabit
      liberabit
    4. 4
      infraDread
      infraDread
    5. 5
      T-Bone
      T-Bone

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Privacy Policy, and Guidelines