BrendanClay

Attic presents Nachtbraker – Friday, 5 May – Civic Underground

BrendanClay
(edited)

Following our launch event with Fouk in January — as well as a few other Attic guest appearances around the place — we can now announce our second 

event: this time, hosting Nachtbraker!

We'll be back at The Civic Underground for this on Friday, 5 May — and kicking off at nine o'clock.

Tickets are available via Resident Advisor, .

Line-up, as follows:

NACHTBRAKER

(Quartet Series, Dirt Crew, Heist)

Simon Caldwell

(Mad Racket / FBi Radio)

Andrew Fazzolari

Brendan Clay

About Nachtbraker:

After receiving widespread recognition for books such as 'How Does He Do It?' and 'Glorious Misunderstandings', Maurits Verwoerd decided to start a career as a music producer.

Though few doubted his skills as an artist, most of Maurits' neighbours thought a little differently about his compositions, causing him to start producing music in the underground dungeons of Amsterdam.

Coming out occasionally — but only at night — slowly made him well-known among friends and enemies as Nachtbraker: Dutch for "night hawk".

The signs of exposure to a wide range of genres are clearly audible in his music, ranging from ecstatic slow grooves to unconventional dub tracks. Critics often praise him for adopting a wide pallet of sounds with subtle, intricate percussion.

While his celebrated performances receive increasing recognition, it’s unquestionable that Nachtbraker will keep a lot of people comfortably awake for many years to come.

Nachtbraker has a wealth of strong releases on imprints such as Quartet Series — his own label — Dirt Crew Recordings, Heist Recordings and Hudd Traxx — to name just a few.

---

'Attic' is the brainchild of Sydney jocks, Brendan Clay and Andrew Fazzolari; devised as a medium to promote their love for low, slow grooves, thick basslines and loose, swinging drums.

Attic is tailored to those searching for an avenue for deep, soulful, disco-infused and melodically-inclined house music.

Fundamentally, its focus is the promotion of quality, hand-picked local talent, foremost; regularly showcasing selectors from around the globe who mirror its style and vision.

deep • low-slung • disco

---

The Civic Underground is located within The Civic Hotel, 388 Pitt Street, Sydney — on the corner of Pitt and Goulburn Street.

Edited by BrendanClay
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Become part of our clubbing family. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Add Your Event for FREE
Invite A Friend

• Similar Content

• Nordic-By-Nature
      By Nordic-By-Nature
      Announcement coming this week!!

• BrendanClay
      By BrendanClay
      So, as the dust has settled on our recent Attic event headlined by Laurence Guy—our fourth instalment—I am making available my recorded set from the evening.
      I opened up shop for the first hour on this occasion, so, accordingly; this is very much a lower, slower effort—105 BPM upwards—though, in doing so, I did my best to retain a lot of the melodic elements that make up our "Attic sound".
      I really enjoyed putting this one together and kicking off the night in a method that I saw fit—and what an evening it turned out to be!
      I hope you enjoy this one, all the same.
      Comments and feedback—and if you really enjoy it, bookings—are always welcome!
      'till next time!
      : Tracklisting:
      01 : Voodoo Whiskey - 'Poolside' (Original Mix) [Midnight Riot]
      02 : Atjazz - 'Open A Window' (Original Mix) [Atjazz Record Company]
      03 : Shur-I-Kan - 'Remember' (Original Mix) [Dark Energy Recordings]
      04 : Ben La Desh & Plan d'Aqua - 'Crackstate' (Original Mix) [Ism Recordings]
      05 : Ethyène - 'Rains Over Occident' (Original Mix) [Editorial Records]
      06 : Saine - 'You Can Count On Me' (Original Mix) [Masterworks Music]
      07 : Deephope - 'Transition' (Original Mix) [Deep Site Digital]
      08 : Luvless - 'Down With You Baby' (Original Mix) [Tsuba]
      09 : Kolja Gerstenberg - 'Mmmh Jaaazz' (Original Mix) [Smile For A While]
      10 : Ethyène ft. Folamour - 'Why My Love' (Original Mix) [Better Listen Records]
      11 : Tour-maubourg - 'Hang On' (Original Mix) [FHUO Records]
      12 : Closed Paradise - 'Secrets' (Original Mix) [Better Listen Records]
      13 : Daniel Leseman - 'On My Mind' (Original Mix) [Outplay]
    • BrendanClay
      By BrendanClay
      Purchase Tickets
      Music Genre: Deep,Disco,Funk,House Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/164773337513349/ So, we're back in action at Alex Ludlow's weekly project at Stanleys on Stanley—this time for an official Attic-themed takeover.

You know the score by now... expect our signature sound of low-slung deepness with a disco edge; this time, over the course of the entire evening!

This is all taking place on Friday, 23 March...

Line-up, as follows:

Andrew Fazzolari
      https://www.facebook.com/AndrewFazzolari/
      https://www.soundcloud.com/andrewfazzolari

Brendan Clay
      https://www.facebook.com/BrendanClayDJ/
      https://www.soundcloud.com/themshift

Tooz Enuf
      https://soundcloud.com/toozenuf

---

About Tooz Enuf:

Also joining us on the bill is 'Tooz Enuf’, a local up-and-coming duo made up of Mark Hamilton and Josh Evans.

Mark and Josh are a couple of young, fiercely loyal supporters of Attic, who embody the virtues for which our fair brand stands: digging deep to find quality tunes, uncompromising on taste, and having a great time while you're doing it.

Like us, these two possess a thirst for the low, slow, disco-driven house selections, and aren't too shabby on the 1s and 2s, either!

As such, we’re thrilled to welcome them aboard.

We'll be kicking things off nice and early at six o'clock and running the tunes right throughout the evening.

Come and join us for an end-of-week beverage and a boogie...

---

About Attic:

'Attic' is the brainchild of Sydney jocks, Brendan Clay and Andrew Fazzolari; devised as a medium to promote their love for low, slow grooves, thick basslines and loose percussion.

Attic is tailored to those searching for an avenue for deep, soulful, disco-infused and melodically-centric house music.

Fundamentally, its focus is the promotion of quality, hand-picked local talent; while regularly welcoming selectors from around the globe, mirroring its ethos and vision.

Since its inception, Attic has hosted four standalone events—featuring renowned artists, Fouk, Nachtbraker, Folamour and Laurence Guy—as well as appearing all around Sydney for invitational takeovers, radio appearances, and exclusive showcase sets.

2017 was a positively memorable first full year of Attic action; the boys' enthusiasm and insatiable appetite for quality house music continue in full swing...

deep • low-slung • disco

---

Stanley's is located at 79 Stanley Street, Darlinghurst.
  • Our picks

• Recently I got to go check out the official Outlook Festival Queensland launch party in Brisbane. Presented by Quality Street Byron Bay, the event concept paid tribute to one of Europe’s most exciting Drum and Bass festivals and is a celebration of sound system culture.
    • Avicii 'died after cutting himself using broken wine bottle and bleeding to death' - while his family alluded to suicide in open letter saying 'he wanted peace'
    • Swedish DJ Avicii, one of the world's biggest dance music stars, has died in Oman at the age of 28.

Avicii's club anthems include Wake Me Up, Levels, and recently, Lonely Together with Rita Ora.

His representative said in a statement: "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.

"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time."

No cause of death was announced, and Avicii's representative said no further statements would be issued.
    • DJ/Producer Dennis White aka Latroit won a Grammy for his remix of Depeche Mode’s track ‘You Move’ at this year’s 60th Grammy Awards, at Madison Square Gardens, New York.

• Review: Jroll, Voviii, Wknd Warrior - I Need you
      Ozclubbers Review of "I Need You" by Jroll, Voviii, and Wknd Warrior on Central Station Records

Review by Wormie, Lou Lou, and MJ from Duggystone Radio

http://bit.ly/2omRU7y
      #ozclubbers #beyond #dance #music
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Privacy Policy, and Guidelines