Beatport had a seriously big year, according to the platform themselves they sold a track every 2 seconds and streamed 6545 years worth of music previews, no small feat.
Bigger still were two Australian producers who managed to find themselves in the top 10 best sellers of 2019 with Dom Dolla snapping up the eighth spot with ‘Take It’ via Sweat It Out and another local nabbing a number one spot!
No surprises here with tech-house a-fish-iando Fisher taking out the coveted top spot with with ‘Losing It’ that earned a whopping 10 weeks at the top through the tail end of the year – something his good mate Chris Lake would be pretty proud about no doubt.
The rest of the top 10 packs a punch as well with notable efforts from Camelphat with a remix and original featuring at #2 and #9 respectifully as well as Adam Beyer, Tale of Us and DJ Koze all amongst the mix.
Turns out techno is still king with the genre dominating the Top 100 best sellers which you can check out here.
1. Fisher – ‘Losing It’ [Catch & Release]
2. Fatboy Slim – ‘Right Here, Right Now’ (CamelPhat remix) [Toolroom]
3. Andrew Meller – ‘Born Slippy’ (Reincarnation Mix) [Glasgow Underground]
4. Adam Beyer & Bart Skils – ‘Your Mind’ [Drumcode]
5. Energy 52 – ‘Cafe Del Mar’ (Tale Of Us remix) [Renaissance Records]
6. DJ Koze – ‘Pick Up’ (12” Extended Disco Version) [Pampa Records]
7. Flashmob – ‘The Lone Brazilian’ [Hot Creations]
8. Dom Dolla – ‘Take It’ [Sweat It Out]
9. Au/Ra & CamelPhat – ‘Panic Room’ [RCA Records]
10. Andrew Meller – ‘Insomnia’ [Glasgow Underground]